This guide is going to explain all the steps required to Setup Alexa Dot. If you want to put Echo Dot into setup, you need to fulfill some basic requirements first. It is very necessary to check if you have a good speed internet or not. Apart from this, an updated Alexa app is a must to have.
The procedure for the Alexa Echo Dot Setup is very quite easy. Apply the steps mentioned in this guide to complete the setup.
What Is Required To Setup Alexa Dot?
To Setup Echo Dot, an updated Alexa app must be installed on a smartphone, tablet, or Pc. Apart from it, make sure that you are connected to a good speed internet connection.
We would like to suggest you always use the original power adapter instead of third-party adapters.
Moving ahead, unbox the Echo Dot with a smile and complete the setup using the below-mentioned steps.
How To Set Up Echo Dot?
As we have told you already, it is a must to download the Alexa app on your smart device. If you have unpacked the Alexa Dot already, start applying these steps.
- Click on the “Devices” option from the bottom of the app.
- In the upper right corner of the app, you will see a “+” sign, tap on it now.
- Moving ahead, click on “Add Device” and choose “Amazon Echo”.
- With the help of a power adapter, connect Echo Dot to the power source now.
- From the list of devices, choose the one that belongs to you.
- You will then be asked to connect Alexa to Wifi, hence choose the preferred wifi connection and enter the password.
- You can skip the further steps if you want as you have successfully Setup Alexa Dot now.
Define Echo Dot Setup Mode?
When you connect the Echo Dot to the power adapter and turn it ON, the device will enter into the setup mode easily. In setup mode, the Alexa Dot is used to connect to the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth.
After this, you will have to connect Amazon Echo Dot to a Wi-Fi network. Your device will not function anything without the help of a wifi connection. The Alexa issues like Alexa Offline, Alexa Won’t Connect to Wifi, or Alexa Device Offline occur because of faulty network connection.
Once your device will be entered into the setup mode, the blue ring light will turn to orange. You can use your Echo device. Say the wake word and ask Alexa anything you want.
Why Won’t My Alexa Dot Go Into the Setup Mode?
If you are the second owner of the Echo device and you are facing issues while Setup Alexa Dot, you need to reset it first.
Until and unless you will not reset the Alexa Dot, you will not be able to get control over a number of functions.
Follow these given steps in order to reset your device:
First Generation Echo Dot
If you are the owner of a first-generation Echo Dot, you would need a paperclip to Reset Echo. At the base of the device, there is a reset button. With the help of a paper clip, press and hold the button until the device will not restart. The ring light on Echo will change to orange which means it is in setup mode now.
Second Generation Echo Dot
If you are the owner of a second-generation Echo Dot, press and hold the microphone off and volume down button simultaneously for 20 seconds at least. The ring light on Echo will change to orange which means it is in setup mode now.
Third Generation Echo Dot
For the third-generation Amazon Echo Dot, the reset process is quite simple. Touch and keep the action button hold for about 30 seconds. The ring light on Echo will change to orange which means it is in setup mode now.
How To Fix When Alexa Won’t Connect to Wifi?
If you have found that your Alexa Won’t Connect to wifi, do follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
- Check Your Internet Connection: In the very first place, do check your internet connection. Either you have connected to a faulty network or your wifi has stopped working.
- Restart the Router: Restarting is one of the best ways to resolve technical glitches. Simply plug out all the cables and wait. After a while, reconnect the cables and turn ON the router.
- Move Echo Close to the Router: You may have placed the Echo device a little far from the wifi device. Hence, this is because of a weak connection that your Alexa Won’t Connect to wifi.
- Update the Alexa App: An outdated Alexa app could be responsible for why your Alexa Not Working and not connecting to the internet. Hence, update the app now and check if the issue is fixed or not.
This article can be concluded on the point that to Setup Echo Dot, Alexa app and internet connection is required. In this guide, we have mentioned all the steps to complete the Setup. In addition to this, we have also mentioned how to fix when Alexa Won’t Connect to Internet. So, follow the guide and apply the steps in the same order.