Amazon Echo Troubleshooting | Alexa Troubleshooting
It happens most of the time that Amazon Echo stopped working due to one or other reasons. Sometimes, Alexa Won’t Connect to Wifi while other times Alexa Stopped Responding to the voice commands. To resolve the Alexa Issues, it is a must to do Amazon Echo Troubleshooting.
“Restarting is one of the best troubleshooting methods via which you can resolve any kind of technical glitch easily.”
Amazon Echo Troubleshooting For Different Issues
For different Alexa problems, you have to apply different troubleshooting methods. Here, we are going to mention several Alexa troubleshooting methods to resolve Alexa Issues.
Alexa Won’t Connect to Wifi
It happens most of the time that Alexa Won’t Connect to Internet because of one or other reasons. Here are some of the Amazon Echo Troubleshooting methods to fix the problem.
- Move the Echo device close to the router first. Sometimes, the distance between the Echo and router is responsible for why Alexa Is Offline.
- Don’t forget to check the password of the wifi. You may have entered the wrong wifi password and hence your Alexa Can’t Connect to Internet.
- Don’t forget to check your wifi router. Sometimes, the wifi stopped working and hence Alexa Dot Not Working properly.
- Restarting is one of easiest ways to resolve any technical glitches. Restart the Echo and router in order to troubleshoot the issue.
2. Alexa Red Ring
Red ring light on the Echo device simply means that Alexa is not able to listen to your commands. Here are the steps to troubleshoot the issue completely.
- Echo Dot Red Ring light means that Alexa is not able to listen to the commands. Hence, check the microphone button. You may have forgotten to press the mic button ON.
- Restart the Echo device by removing the power cable from the wall outlet. Wait for at least 30-40 seconds and reconnect the cables again.
- Make sure that you have placed the Echo device close to the router.
- Do not put the Echo device close to the wall. Sometimes, the dust particle stuck inside the microphone hole and hence Alexa face issue listening to the commands.
- Reconnect the Alexa-enabled device to the router again.
3. Alexa Not Responding
It happens most of the time that the Alexa app says the device is unresponsive. If your Echo device is also not responding then try these Amazon Echo Troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure that you have turned ON the microphone button.
- Check your internet connection. A weak wifi connection could be responsible for why Alexa Not Working.
- Restart your Echo device if your Alexa Not Responding to Voice Commands.
- Reposition your Echo device and put it near the router.
4. Alexa Flashing Yellow Light
The ring on Alexa says it all. You may have seen different ring lights on your Echo device. Every light color has a different meaning. If you’re Alexa Blinking Yellow, it means that you have some unread notifications.
- To read the notifications say, “Alexa, what are my notifications”. Now, Alexa will start reading out the notifications in detail.
- You can also read all of them from the Amazon Alexa app.
If your Alexa is not responding to any commands, here are some of the Amazon Echo Troubleshooting steps.
- Make sure you have connected the Echo device to the power outlet using the original power adapter.
- It is very necessary to have a good speed internet connection.
- The microphone button should be turned ON.
- Press the action to check whether your device responds or not.
Sometimes, Alexa remains unresponded even after trying a number of troubleshooting methods. In this case, we have to reset the Echo device using the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to open the Alexa app on your smart smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Once the app will be opened, tap on “Devices”.
- Tap on “Echo and Devices” and select the particular Echo device you want to reset.
- Scroll down and then tap on the option of “Factory Reset”.
- Confirm your action and wait until the device will not be reset completely.
For about 20 seconds, you have to long press and hold the microphone OFF and volume button simultaneously. Wait for a while and the light ring will be changed to orange and then blue. The Echo device will turn OFF and then ON again.
Echo Dot Red Ring light means you may have forgotten to turn ON the mic button. This is the only reason why your Alexa is not responding to any commands.