Fix Alexa Connection Issues | Alexa Not Working
It happens most of the time that Alexa stops working because of connection related issues. At that time, restarting is one of the best ways to deal with the problem. Restart the Echo device to troubleshoot the Alexa Connecting Issues.
We are going to mention a number of troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. Soon, you will be able to use your Echo device again.
“To fix the issue immediately, check your network connection properly. Without internet, Alexa is nothing more than a bluetooth speaker.”
Common Reasons Behind Alexa Connection Issues
If you have found that your Alexa Not Working because of the connectivity issue, the possible reasons could be:
- Internet is not working
- Faulty router
- Wifi password is wrong
- Too much distance between the Echo and router
No matter what is the real cause behind the connection issue in Alexa, we will help you to provide the complete troubleshooting.
How to Fix the Alexa Connectivity Issue?
In order to resolve the connection issue in Alexa, here are some of the common troubleshooting methods. Follow them one by one until the issue will not get resolved completely.
- Check the Internet Connection: It may be possible that your wifi has stopped working. This is why Alexa is offline and showing the connection related issues.
- Restart the Modem: Restarting the router often resolves the technical glitches easily. If you are facing the Alexa Connection Issues then restart your modem now. You just need to remove the cables from the router and then wait for a while. Then, reconnect the cables again and turn ON the modem.
- Restart the Echo Device: To restart the Echo device, remove the power adapter from the wall outlet, remove all the cables, wait for a while and then reconnect the back again. Turn ON the Echo device and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
- Check the Password Of Wifi: Several times, an incorrect password of the wifi is responsible for the Alexa Not Responding issue. Hence, check the password and update it immediately in order to resolve the issue.
- Move Echo Close to the Router: You may have placed the Amazon Echo device far from the internet. This is why your Alexa is not working and showing errors. You have to minimize the distance between the Echo and router.
- Reset Echo to Factory Defaults: After applying all the steps if still your Alexa is not working then reset it to the factory defaults. When you reset the device, all the settings are automatically saved to factory defaults.
If your Alexa is Not Connecting to the internet, make sure that you have connected the power plug of the router properly. Check your internet connection and restart the Echo and router both. To restart the device, remove the power plug from the back of the router and connect it back after a while.
- Open the Alexa app and choose the option of “Settings”.
- Choose “Device Settings”.
- Select the option of “Change” next to the wifi network.
- Complete the procedure by following the instructions.
If your Alexa stops while playing the music then check your internet connection. If the internet works properly then move the Echo device close to the router. Alexa Connection Issues is one of the major reasons why Echo stops playing music.
In order to set the Echo device to pairing mode, you have to say, “Alexa, pair.” She’ll confirm with, “Searching…” on your tablet, phone, or any other nearby device. Now, you will have to choose your preferred Echo speaker from the Bluetooth settings. Once you will be connected, Alexa Alexa will announce you.