Want to know how to connect Nest to Alexa? Once you connect the Nest thermostat to Alexa, you can easily control it via your voice commands. Apart from this, you can also check the current room temperature and target temperature. It would be easy for you to control the thermostat without using the Nest app.
Alexa is really a smart device and fulfills a number of tasks in just a simple command. We understand that you are a little excited to connect your Nest to Alexa. Isn’t it? Here is the guide you were looking for.
Note: Before proceeding further, download the Alexa app and Nest app on your smartphone.
How To Connect Nest To Alexa?
Alexa and Nest are a great team together. Once you will get to know how to pair nest to Alexa, you no longer require the app or remote to change the temperature. Simply, say the wake word and ask Echo to do so.
We are now going to tell you all the steps to connect the nest to Alexa. Repeat the steps in the same given the order to complete the Alexa Setup with Nest.
1. Migrate Nest Account To Google Account
Before you proceed to connect the Alexa to Nest, migrate the Nest account to a Google account first. This is required for the process of How To Connect Nest To Alexa.
You can easily check the Nest account status by installing the Nest application on your smartphone. To do so, open the app and click on the Settings cog given in the upper-right corner.
Now, you will see the option of “Migrate to a Google Account”. If you don’t find any similar option, it means that you already migrated Nest to your Google account. In case you will find the option of “Migrate”, click on it and proceed further.
You will be asked whether you want to proceed or not. If yes, click on “Continue with Google” and choose your desired Google Account. You have successfully migrated the Nest account to your Google account.
2. Enable the Google Nest Skill From Alexa App
In the below-given steps, we are going to tell you how to enable the Google Nest Skill with the help of the Alexa app. Let us tell you, Alexa can only communicate to Nest via Google Nest Skill, hence it is required.
- Download the Alexa app on your device.
- In the bottom right corner, you will find the option of “Devices”, tap on it.
- Click on “Your Smart Home Skills” followed by “Enable Smart Home Skills”.
- Search the option of “Google Nest”.
- When the result appears on the screen, tap on it.
- Choose “Enable to use”.
- If prompted, log into your Alexa account now.
- You will now be asked to get access to your home’s information.
- Alexa will show all the Nest devices that you can connect to your Amazon account.
- After reading the disclaimer, proceed forward and tap on “Next”.
- Choose the Google account that you want to link to the Alexa-enabled device.
- Grant permission to Alexa.
- This is all required for How To Connect Nest To Alexa.
Scan Devices For Your Nest Thermostats
You have successfully connected Nest and Alexa accounts together. Although, Amazon Alexa is still required to search your individual Nest devices.
To scan the devices manually, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and choose the option of “Devices.”
- Click on “Thermostats.” and then you will see all the Nest thermostats connected to your network.
- You can select all the devices that you want to connect to Alexa.
How To Control Nest Using Any Alexa Device?
We have told you all the steps about how to connect Nest to Alexa. Now, we will let you know how to control Nest with the help of Alexa.
Note: It happens sometimes that Alexa stops controlling Nest for no reason. It could be possible that your Alexa Won’t Connect To Wifi. Hence, check the available internet connection.
1. Monitor Your Home Remotely
With the help of the Alexa app, you can easily check the temperature of your home on your smartphone. Say the wake word and ask your Echo device about the temperature in (Name of your devices).
Alexa will then tell you the room temperature. In the case, you are an Amazon Echo Show user, the temperature will be shown on the screen.
We would like to tell you that while using the thermostats, it is a must to announce the exact name.
If you want to need any reminders, the Alexa app will show the names of all the Nest devices. To get the information, tap on “Devices” and choose “thermostats”. Here, you will see the list of all the connected devices.
This is all about how to connect Nest to Alexa.
2. Check the Settings Of the Thermostats
If you don’t know the temperature of your thermostat, you can ask the Echo device. Say the wake word of Alexa and ask “what temperature is my(name) set to. Alexa will then respond to you.
If you are using the Echo Show device, the results will be shown on the screen. You can also adjust the temperature from the screen.
3. Alexa Make the Home Warmer
Just like you control other smart home devices using Alexa, you can also control the temperature in one single command after you know how to connect Nest to Alexa.
- Say the wake word and ask Alexa, decrease/increase the temperature. Your Alexa will change the room temperature one single degree.
- If you say that Alexa, increases the temperature by X degrees, it will increase/decrease to that particular amount.
This was all about Nest and Alexa.
To connect Alexa to Nest, the Alexa app and a good speed internet connectivity are a must-have. In this guide, we have told you how to connect Nest to Alexa. If you found this article useful then leave a heart for us.