If you have found that your Alexa Not Responding properly then a simple culprit could be responsible. It could be a faulty internet connection, wrong wifi password, or the distance between the Echo and router.
It’s not always easy to find the main cause behind the problem. If you are the one whose Alexa Not Working properly then this guide is just for you.
Tip: No matter if your Alexa Offline or not responding at all, give your device a quick restarting. Oftentimes, the technical glitches could be fixed easily by a quick restarting method.
Why Is My Alexa Not Responding?
If you have recently found that your Echo Dot Not Responding to any commands, a number of reasons could be responsible. Make sure that you have connected the Echo to a good speed internet connection. Apart from it, your Alexa app should be updated to the latest version.
Most of the time, the distance between the Echo and router is one of the main reasons why Alexa Not Responding. Don’t forget to put your device away from the wall and other interferences like metal objects, microwaves, etc.
Basic Troubleshooting Tips When Alexa Echo Not Responding
In order to resolve the Alexa Echo Dot Not Responding problem, we will start fixing the problem from the basic troubleshooting methods.
- Turn ON the Microphone: It could be possible that you have forgotten to turn ON the microphone button. The microphone button is given at the top of the Echo device. Alexa Red Ring signifies that the button is turned OFF.
- Restart Alexa-enabled Device: As we have mentioned already, a quick restarting sometimes troubleshoots the issue easily. So, turn OFF the Echo and remove the power adapter from the wall outlet. Turn ON the device again after some time.
- Check the Power Adapter: If you are using the third-party power adapter then, it could be one of the main reasons why Echo Dot Does Not Respond. So, replace the adapter with the original one.
- Move Echo Close to You: You may have placed the Echo device far from you. This is one of the main reasons why Alexa Not Responding to your voice commands.
- Put Echo At A Distance From the Walls: Don’t even put the Echo device close to the walls. Sometimes, the dust blocks the microphone hole and hence Alexa faces problems while understanding the commands.
- Command In a Clear Voice: Always command the Echo device in a more clear and precise way. You may not say the wake word correctly. This is why your Amazon Alexa App Says Device Is Unresponsive.
- Move Echo Far From Electronic Device: You may have placed the Echo device near devices like a microwave, radio, or T.V. These devices create signal interferences, and hence your Alexa-enabled device is not listening to your commands.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips When Echo Device Not Responding
1. Check Your Internet Connection: It could be possible that your wifi has stopped working. A faulty wifi device leads to many Alexa Issues like Alexa Won’t Connect to Wifi, Alexa Connection Issues, Etc.
2. Enable/Disable the Alexa Privacy: Enable/disable the Alexa privacy in order to resolve the issue.
- Go to “Nucleus Screen” and then tap on Alexa Button.
- This will enable the “Alexa Now” option.
- Tap on the buttons and verify it with your voice.
3. Voice Training Tool: Your English accent could be responsible for why Echo Dot Does Not Respond. Use the voice training tool in order to help Alexa to understand your accent a bit.
- On your Alexa app, open the settings.
- Choose the voice training option.
- Say the listed phrases so that Alexa can understand your accent in a better way.
- Check if your Alexa is understanding you now or still not working.
4. Move Echo Close to the Router: It is very necessary to place the Echo device close to the router. You may have positioned the Echo device at a distance from the router. This is why Alexa Having Trouble Connecting To Internet.
5. Hard Reset the Echo Device: If you have already reset the Echo device but still Alexa Not Working then, here are the steps to hard reset it.
- At the bottom of the Echo device, you will find a reset hole. With the help of a paperclip or thin pin, press the reset button for a few seconds.
- The blue ring light on Echo will be changed to orange.
- Wait for a while until the device will not restart again.
- Your Echo device has come to the original factory settings.
- With the help of the Alexa app, you can complete the Alexa Setup again.
This article can be concluded on the point that a number of factors could be responsible for Alexa Not Responding. In this guide, we have mentioned all the reasons and troubleshooting to resolve the problem. So, read the whole guide properly and fix the issue immediately.