If you have the Echo device at your home then you may have seen Alexa Blinking Yellow light. Do you know the meaning of Yellow Light On Alexa? Alexa Yellow Light means some notifications are unread till now. Once you will read them all, the yellow light will stop blinking.
In this guide, we are going to discuss all the troubleshooting methods required to stop the Yellow light. We will let you know all the possible reasons and easy troubleshooting methods.
So, are you ready to fix the issue yourself?
Reason Why My Alexa Blinking Yellow
We would like to tell you that the Echo device is always linked to the Amazon account. Hence, whenever you shop for something from Amazon, Alexa will notify you at each shipment stage like “Ready to ship”, “Shipped”, or “Delivered”.
To stop the Yellow Light On Alexa, you need to read all the notifications. You can also ask Alexa to read them out for you.
Until and unless the product will not be delivered to you, you will get the notification continuously.
How Can We Dismiss When Alexa Flashing Yellow Light?
If your Alexa Blinking Yellow, you can easily dismiss the light in just one single command.
Say, “What are my notifications?”
Say, “Readout my messages?
As soon as you say this, Alexa will start reading out all the notifications and your Echo will stop blinking the yellow light.
To stop all the notifications yourself, open the Amazon account and do it from there.
Steps To Stop Alexa To Read Out The Notifications
It happens most of the time that your home is full of friends and family. In this condition, you may not want Alexa to read the notifications loudly in front of anyone. Who knows what private item you have ordered? Hence, it is sometimes necessary to turn OFF the loud notifications.
Hence, we don’t want anything wrong will happen to you and you will also get embarrassed in front of someone. So, if your Alexa Blinking Yellow then it is better to turn it off manually.
Let us tell you how to stop Alexa to read out the notifications loudly,
- On the Alexa App and open the “Settings”.
- Tap on “Notifications” and open Amazon Shopping.
- From here you can toggle off “Give Ordered Items Titles”.
- You have successfully turned OFF all the notifications. Now, you can order anything!
Steps To Disable Yellow Light On Alexa-Order Notifications
If your Alexa Blinking Yellow light and you want to get rid of do follow the steps mentioned below:
Steps to disable yellow ring notification
- On your smartphone, open the Amazon Alexa app.
- From the settings, select the option of “Notifications”.
- From the list given there, choose “Amazon Shopping” and then toggle off the yellow ring notification.
- If you want then toggle off other delivery notifications too like “Out for Delivery” & “Delivery”.
How To Fix the Alexa Red Ring Issue?
Echo Dot Red Ring means that your device is not connected to the internet connection. The reason could be anything, either your wifi has stopped working or the device configuration is wrong.
Check Microphone & Reset Echo Device
1. Fix Microphone Problem Of Alexa: Echo Dot Red Ring light issue means that Alexa is not able to listen to your commands. Hence, check whether you have turned ON the microphone button or not.
2. Reset the Alexa-enabled Device: Try to resolve the issue by resetting the Echo device with the help of the below-given steps:
- On the Echo device, press the reset button with the help of a thin pin-like object.
- Hold the reset button until the red light will not be changed to Orange. The orange light means that the Echo device has accepted the reset process.
- Wait for a while until the device will not be restarted completely.
Check & Update the Internet
3. Update the Echo Device & Firmware: To resolve the Alexa Red Ring issue, update the firmware of the Echo device to the latest version. This will fix all the minor glitches related to the Echo device. To update the Echo device to the latest version, here are the steps:
- Open the Alexa app and go to the settings option.
- Now, choose “Device Option” in the about section.
- Select the list of software versions and complete the upgrade process.
4. Check Your Internet Connection: Another possible reason behind the Echo Dot Red Ring could be related to the weak internet connection. So, check your wifi connection properly, if found anything wrong then restart the router first. For the worst scenario, contact your internet service providers.
5. Check The Volume Of the Echo Device: You may have lower down the volume of the Echo device. This could be responsible for why Alexa Not Responding to anything and showing a red light.
6. Restart the Echo Device: Restarting often resolves a number of glitches related to any technical device. So, restart the Echo device no matter if your Alexa Not Working, Alexa showing a red light or Alexa Blinking Yellow.
This article can be concluded on the point that if your Alexa Blinking Yellow then read out all the notifications. In this guide, we have mentioned all the steps to resolve the Yellow Light On Alexa and Alexa Red Ring. So, try out the troubleshooting methods and fix the glitches completely.