Alexa made it easy for everyone to do tasks in easy ways. With the help of the Alexa app, you can easily perform a number of tasks that include, listening to music, checking calendars, shopping lists, the latest news updates, etc. To enjoy all of these features, what you need is Alexa App Download now and enjoy!
In this guide, we are going to tell you how to download the Alexa app for Pc, Windows 10, Mac, and iOS.
Note: If you don’t have an Amazon account, create a new user id with email and password.
Alexa App Download For Windows 10
In order to download the Alexa app for your Windows 10 PC, open the Microsoft Store and search there for the Alexa app. Click on “Get” and then tap on “Launch” once the app will be downloaded successfully.
After doing that so, do follow the below-given instructions:
- From the bottom right corner of the screen, tap on the magnifying glass.
- On the search bar, type “Microsoft Store” and then click on “Open”.
- Once the Microsoft Store will be opened, type “Alexa” in the search bar.
- You will then see a blue color app with the Alexa icon. This app is absolutely free.
- In the middle of the Window, you will see a progress bar. Wait until the app will not be downloaded completely. Let us tell you that the app will require free space up to 81 MB.
- Once the Alexa App Download completely, tap on “Launch” to install it on your pc.
- Tap on “Setup Alexa”.
- If you have already created an Amazon account, sign in to the Alexa app. In case you don’t have an account yet, create one now.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions and proceed further.
- Allow your computer to get access to the microphone.
- Confirm the action.
- You can now choose the option between hands-free or push-to-talk. If you will choose the option of hand-free, you can control Alexa with your voice only. On the other hand, if you will select the option of push-to-talk, you need to click on the “Alexa icon” to give any commands.
- Finish the “Alexa Setup”.
Once the app is installed successfully, you can open it by tapping on the Start button. The Start button is given in the bottom-left corner of the screen with the Windows logo.
How To Download Echo Device Application For Mac?
It is very easy to complete the Alexa App Download process on Mac OS. If you want, you can also download the app without downloading it. Here are the steps to download Alexa App On PC.
- Open the default web browser on your Macbook PC.
- Go to the search bar and go to the administrator’s site.
- Once you open the site, you will see the option for the Alexa app on the next screen of your Mac PC.
- It’s time to log into the Alexa app with the email id and password. If you are not an existing user, create a new account now.
- Turn ON the Echo device, once you will complete the login to your Amazon account.
- When you turn ON the Echo device, you will see the orange ring light. It indicates the Alexa Setup Mode.
- Open the navigation panel of the Mac PC to connect with the Alexa device.
- Go to “Settings”, tap on “Set up a New Device”, move to “Alexa Device” and choose your preferred language.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings for your Mac PC. From here, you will see your Alexa-enabled device on the Wi-Fi list. Connect Alexa to Wifi to complete the Alexa App Download setup process.
How To Download Amazon Alexa On iOS?
If you are having an iPhone or iPad, complete the Alexa App Download with the help of the below-given steps:
- You can download the Alexa app on your iPad or iPhone from the App Store.
- Open the app store and type the “Alexa App ” in the search bar. Now, click enter.
- When the next screen will be opened, you will see the option for the Alexa app on the top. You are required to touch on its icon.
- You can now begin the downloading process of the Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Once the installation process will be completed, you can then open the app.
- When you try to open the open, you will be asked to enter the login credentials. To complete login, enter the password and the username.
- Now you will see the option – “Talk to your Alexa”. Tap on the option.
- After login, you will be asked for permission to get access to your iPhone or iPad’s microphone. To proceed further tap “Yes”.
- You have completely Setup Alexa Dot and now you can turn ON the hands-free mode of your Echo device.
- You can now complete the configuration process according to your choice.
- Enable the option of “To run Alexa task when you log in”.
- You have successfully downloaded the Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad. Now, you can easily change the setting of the Echo device according to your need.
Name Of The Devices That Are Compatible With the Alexa App
A number of Alexa-enabled devices are compatible with the Alexa app, let’s have a look:
- Echo Dot
- Amazon Tap
- Echo Spot
- Echo Sub
- Fire TV Recast
- Echo Plus
- Echo Amp & Link
- The Echo Auto
- Echo Show
- Echo Input
Features of Alexa App Download
There are a number of features for which it is necessary for you to download the app,
- Hands-free user interface
- Smart home device control
- VoiceView screen reader
- Real-time text
- Wi-Fi control
- Celebrity voices
- Check smart lights, thermostats, and locks
- Connect to Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
- To-Do lists.
- Multi-room music
- Stock market information
- Listen to Pandora podcasts
- Emergency contact calling
- Group drop-ins
- Auto-delete voice recordings
- Timers and Alarms
- News, Weather, and Sports.
- Shopping Lists
- Various Alexa visual skills
- Hear news notifications
- Upload photos through the Amazon Alexa app
- Wellness tips
- All-new personalized home screen
- Making purchases
This article can conclude that if you want to benefit from the latest features of Amazon Echo devices, it is necessary to download the Alexa app. In this guide, we have told you the importance of the Alexa App Download for Windows, Mac, or iOS.